Become a Certified Somatica Practitioner
The Three Levels of Somatica Certification
The Core Training will give you the basic framework of the Somatica Method and serve as a foundation for your practice. It will also offer you many practical tools to teach your clients erotic and emotional intimacy. At the same time, you will be introduced to a deeper understanding of how people behave around intimacy – how they get hurt, how they protect themselves and what they need to do to shift negative habits and maintain sustainable connection. To get a full, deep catalogue of how people work and how to help them takes time, repetition and practice. The level you can progress to at the end of the Core Training depends on many factors including what training and background you came in with, your natural aptitude for the work and how much effort you put into the training. Thus, people leave the training at many levels. Some are ready to go out and start seeing clients immediately while others choose to take the Core Training more than once.
Once you feel solid in the foundational training or in parallel with retaking the training, you can apply for Level 1 Somatica Certification. Becoming a Level 1 Certified practitioner enables you to begin seeing clients and calling yourself a Level 1 Certified Somatica Practitioner. Not all students who take the Core Training are interested in Certification and some people take the training solely for personal growth.
Level 1 Certification in the Somatica Method
Complete the following requirements for Level 1 certification:
- Successfully complete the Core Training held in person in the San Francisco Bay Area. During the in-person training, Celeste and Danielle will present an in-depth training on the method and you will dive into deep interpersonal engagement with your fellow students for the experiential learning process of a lifetime. You will also participate in an Online Segment of the training where you deepen your understanding of the Somatica Philosophy through an interactive forum with your fellow students and teachers. You will be given reading assignments and videos to watch and asked to complete 12 homework assignments.
- Complete 12 Practice Sessions with your fellow students. In practice sessions you will get a chance to share longer sessions, as well as connection and feedback with one another, to solidify your understanding and skills around each tool. For each practice session you and your practice client (fellow student) will need to fill out and turn in evaluation forms – you will do one self-evaluation form and receive one evaluation form from your practice client.
- Schedule a one hour Level 1 Certification Exam with Celeste or Danielle (cost $280). In this exam, Celeste or Danielle will act as your client and you will offer them a session to demonstrate proficiency with the basic tools and philosophy of the Somatica Method. If you don’t pass, you will be given feedback as to why and will be able to retake the exam at a later date.
Attending supervision to continue growing your skills. Anyone who has completed the Core Training can attend supervision groups. A one-day supervision will be offered every other month by Celeste or Danielle. In these groups you will:
- Practice advanced skills
- Bring in client cases
- Have a chance to connect with other practitioners for networking and support
Level 2 Certification in the Somatica Method
Complete the following requirements for Level 2 certification:
- Attend the Somatica Advanced Training: Mastering Client Retention and Satisfaction. In this training you will learn how to take your practice and your client relationships to the next level to create deep connections with your client, personal fulfillment and your client’s satisfaction.
- If, after completing the Advanced Somatica Training, you want to be Level 2 Certified, schedule a Level 2 Certification Exam with Celeste or Danielle. In this exam, Celeste or Danielle will act as your client and you will offer them a session to demonstrate proficiency with the Advanced Somatica tools of client retention and satisfaction. If you don’t pass, you will be given feedback as to why and will be able to retake the exam at a later date.
Level 3 Certification – Somatica Recommended (by application and invitation)
Complete the following requirements for Level 3 certification:
Please note: You can attend Supervision Groups and the Advanced Training if you have completed the Somatica Core Training, but you will need to complete the Advanced Training and Level 2 Certification and participate regularly in Supervision in order to become Somatica Recommended.
Client Referrals: We select a small number of Level 3 practitioners to whom we are willing to refer overflow Celeste & Danielle clients. The referral program is separate from Level 3 Certification. If you are interested in becoming part of the referral program, we would be happy to interview you and discuss whether or not it is a good fit.