Why Become Certified as a Sex Coach?
Becoming a certified practitioner enables you to begin seeing clients as a Certified Somatica Sex and Relationship Coach. Not all students who take the Somatica Core Training are interested in relationship or sex coach certification, and some people take the training solely for personal growth.
To become a professional in a helping career, you need experienced oversight to ensure you are a knowledgeable, aware, and capable coach. This is what the sex coach certification process offers you. Whether you take the certification path of (1) retaking the training as an advanced student or (2) joining group supervision – Celeste, Danielle, your group supervisors, and the leadership team will give you the personal guidance you need to be the best coach you can be.
What Your Sex Coach Certification Gets You
- In-depth and personalized feedback about your coaching skills
- Learning that is designed to build coaching proficiency through modeling, practice, feedback, adjustment and more practice.
- Richer and longer client relationships as a result of the skills you learned, coupled with the deepening of your confidence and authenticity in using these skills.
- Belonging to a powerful network of professional colleagues, Certified Somatica Sex and Relationship Coaches
Complete the Following Sex Coach Certification Requirements:
- Successfully complete the Somatica Core Training, held in the San Francisco Bay Area. During this in-person training, Celeste and Danielle will teach you the Somatica Method of Sex and Relationship Coaching. You will also dive into deep interpersonal engagement with your fellow students for the experiential learning process of a lifetime.
- Complete 12 Practice Sessions. Once you’ve learned the materials of a module, you have the opportunity to practice the exercises in between modules. In practice sessions, you will get a chance to solidify your proficiency with each tool. For each session, your practice client needs to fill out and turn in an evaluation form. Practice clients can be fellow students, friends, or your current clients (if you already have a coaching practice). Before the next module begins, you will send in a self-evaluation of how you feel you did in your practice sessions. Your forth self-evaluation will be due 3 months after the training.
- Retake the Somatica Core Training as an Advanced Student or Complete the Supervision Certification track. There are two options to meet requirement #3 and you only need to do one of them:
- Retake the Somatica Core Training as an Advanced Student: you will retake the training as an Advanced Student and get extraordinary personal guidance and support in your next phase of professional growth. Since the first time through the training is a huge journey of personal growth, retaking the training will help you step more fully into the role of coach. On this path, Danielle, Celeste, and your group leader will continue to give you personalized feedback. You will also to get ample support on your growing edges as a professional. This track includes:
- 4 group supervision sessions – in person or over Skype – with Celeste or Danielle.
- Celeste and Danielle will work closely with you to maximize your professional and personal growth, helping you find and work on your growing edge.
- Working closely with the group leader as well as preparing to be a potential group leader yourself if you so choose.
- Complete the Supervision Certification track: this track consists of attending 20 supervision sessions. They can be group supervision with Celeste and/or Danielle, or an approved Somatica Supervisor. Alternatively, you can hire Danielle or Celeste or an approved Somatica Supervisor for individual supervision. At least 10 of those supervision sessions need to be with Celeste and/or Danielle, either in group or individual sessions. In supervision, you can bring in client cases you are working on for feedback. However, you will also need to practice giving sessions to Celeste, Danielle, an approved supervisor, or a fellow student in at least 5 of those sessions. In addition, you have to complete 100 client Somatica Sessions – free or paid. These are the sessions you will be talking about in your supervision sessions.
- Participate in a Certification Exam* – after completing the Somatica Core Training, finishing all your evaluations and self-reflections, and either retaking the Core Training as an Advanced Student or participating in your Supervision Certification, you can schedule the sex coach certification exam. In this one-hour session, Celeste or Danielle will act as your client. During your session, you will need to demonstrate proficiency in the basic tools and philosophy of the Somatica Method. If you pass the sex coach certification exam, you can call yourself a Certified Somatica Sex and Relationship Coach and practice as such. If you don’t pass, you will be given feedback as to why and will be able to retake the exam at a later date.
Certification Track Tuition
Tuition for the Advanced Student Certification Track option is $5200 and can get as low as $4450 with discounts. Upon registration for your Sex Coach Certification track, a $500 non-refundable deposit will be required to hold your space in the training. You can save $500 by paying in full on the day of registration. You can also save $250 for the early application discount if you apply by February 28th.
Tuition for the Supervision Certification Track varies, depending on what supervision options you take. The cost of each group supervision session varies between $80 and $120, depending on the supervisor, individual supervision sessions are also available. The minimum cost of the supervision track is $2000. To enter the Supervision Certification Track, please fill out the application and pay your $500 non-refundable administrative fee. Once we receive your application, we will email you the list of supervision options so you can get started right away!
* The cost of the certification exam isn’t included in the tuition – it is $280 for the hour.
More information: Get Certified
« PreviousNext »