Change Your Career – Become a Certified Sex Coach
There is nothing more inspiring or satisfying than claiming your own deepest emotional and sexual desires – and then teaching others how to do the same.
This is what happens when you become a professional, certified sex & relationship coach.
Why Become Certified as a Sex Coach?
While not all students who take the Somatica Core Training are interested in certification, becoming a certified practitioner enables you to begin seeing clients on a professional level.
Experienced oversight to ensure you are a knowledgeable, aware, and capable coach is essential. And that’s exactly what the Somatica sex coach certification process offers. Whether you embark on your certification via the Advanced Student or Supervision track – Celeste, Danielle, your group supervisors, and the leadership team will give you the personal guidance you need to be the best professional sex and relationship coach you can be.
What Will I Be Able to Offer My Clients as a Certified Sex Coach?
- Embodied connection to their emotions and sexuality
- Acceptance of who they are, their desires, needs, and boundaries
- The ability to advocate for themselves out in the world
- An understanding of boundaries, why they are necessary, and how to communicate them
- Reduced shame – an understanding of how shame limits joy and self-expression
- The ability to be more soft and human with themselves and others
- A broad definition of sex and what it can offer them
- The knowledge of what they want from their sexual experience – and how to negotiate their desires with a partner
- A way to express themselves vulnerably which will help them connect with people in every area of their lives
- Permission and support in living their life fully and unapologetically
- Resilience in facing the fears that paralyze them – including fear of disappointment, abandonment, loss, and rejection
- Secure attachment and greater self-expression
- Perspective – a realistic view of what they actually can get out of being in a relationship (and what they cannot) so they don’t miss out on all of the potential gifts they can receive
For an in-depth look at the offerings, read our blog post How to Build a Therapeutic Relationship with a Client
Do I Need a Licence to Be a Coach?
At this point, no country in the world requires coaches to have a license. In the US, there is no federal or state government body that certifies coaches. Thus, coaching programs – whether they be life coaching or sex and relationship coaching – have their own internal certification processes.
What Your Somatica Sex Coach Certification Gets You
Master Your Craft
If sex and relationship coaching is your true calling – don’t you want to be the best at it? To really become a master at something, you need to gain extensive experience. When you take the Somatica Core Training, you will get the foundational tools of the Somatica Method – certification will take you to a true level of mastery.
Market Your Business
You might be amazing at what you do as a helping professional. But if you don’t have the skills to get your name out there, you are unlikely to have a sustainable career. We teach you to brand and market your business effectively so you get the continued stream of clients you want and need.
Start Your Practice
Part of the Somatica Certification requirements is to begin marketing and finding your first paying clients. We hold your hand through the experience and help you start your business. To do that, we will be offering a Marketing Meeting every other week to commit to launching and promoting your practice.
Become Part of Somatica’s Referral Network
The first steps towards building a practice can be daunting. The Somatica Institute has helped many professionals build thriving careers by offering select certified graduates the opportunity to become a part of their referral network. You will also have the support of a powerful professional network to collaborate with.
Knowing how to help clients is entirely different from knowing how to keep clients. To retain a client, they need to have an understanding of the growth path they are on.
The Somatica Certification Program will help you better understand how your client sees, understands, and take charges of their growth path. The more you can help them see the big picture and empower them, the more they will trust you as a guide on their journey.
Ongoing Support and Continuing Education
As a Certified Somatica Sex and Relationship Coach, you will be a part of an elite group of Certified Practitioners. You will have access to peer support, as well as faculty support on client cases. You will also be eligible to participate in Advanced Supervision sessions and have free access to two continuing education webinars per year. This will help you have richer and longer client relationships, coupled with a deepening of your confidence in your skills.
The Opportunity to Be Accredited by the American College of Sexologists (ACS)
In addition to being Certified by the Somatica Institute, the 300 hours of education you get during the Core Training and Somatica Certification Track also satisfies the requirements for you to be individually accredited by the American College of Sexologists (ACS).
The Trust of Your Clients
The Somatica Institute continues to work tirelessly to spread brand recognition and maintain the integrity of our certification program. Knowing that you have gone through a certification program with a trusted institution that has been accredited by the American College of Sexologists will instill confidence in your clients. They will feel assured that you are well-versed in the Somatica Method, somatic sexology, and your coaching craft.
The Somatica Institute is also a member of an elite group of CAMFT Approved CEU Providers. We are able to provide Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC) continuing education units.
Is this Type of Sex Coaching in Demand?
Whenever we explain that we offer experiential sex and relationship coaching, their immediate response is always “My partner and I need you!”. Or – “Experiential? I have a friend that needs your help right now!”. Somatica sex and relationship coaches are in very high demand. There is an enormous amount of need for this type of coaching – and very few people with the personality and skills to offer it.
Sometimes, by the time clients find us, they have spent years in talk therapy. Often, they still haven’t found a sense of joy and ease in their sex lives or relationships. They need someone who can gently and assuredly guides them through the process of becoming more embodied, emotionally and erotically connected, and inter-personally empowered. Because there is so much shame around sexuality and most people are not comfortable with touch and connection, there are few people willing and able to do this kind of work. It is a very special calling, and if you are drawn to sex and relationship coaching, you are a person who can truly help others!
How Do I Know if a Certification Program Returns its Value?
To get the best certification, you want to pick a training program that gives you the skills to be an effective coach. Make sure the program you choose requires you to practice your tools with clients. It should also offer supervision and feedback about your coaching skills. The final certification test should require you to demonstrate your practical skills – not report about them.
Certification options with various institutions abound. Not all of them, however, will actually prepare you to be a capable and responsible coach. Here are a couple of things to look out for:
- Engagement with coaching faculty as opposed to passive video watching. Whether the certification is online or in person, make sure it is an interactive, experiential training. You should have access to real relationships with your instructors, group leaders, and mentors. They should be able to track your progress and give you feedback.
- A comprehensive certification process that teaches and tests your ability to offer the essential skills to help real people. To simply have the desire to help people is quite different from actually being able to do so. You will encounter a wide variety of people and issues in your practice – some of them quite challenging. You can only gain the necessary clinical skills by being in the coaching seat with real people who bring their real issues and emotions to you. Make sure your certification program gives you ample opportunity to participate in real-time sessions and built-in observations to gain experience.
At the Somatica Institute, we go to great lengths to ensure you are equipped to deal with all different kinds of issues around relationship and sexuality. We guarantee you leave the certification program with a systematic approach to working with clients.
Ready to Embark on the Somatica Sex & Relationship Coach Certification Program?
- Read about the logistics of getting certified
- Explore the Core Training curriculum
- Participate in a Free Intro to our sex and relationship coach training and get $200 off of your tuition!
- With Somatica, when you become a sex coach you also become a Relationship Coach
- Are you an established therapist? Learn how to incorporate Somatica into your practice.
- See the next training dates and tuition