Change Your Career & Become a Certified Sex & Relationship Coach (Now Fully Online!)
There is nothing more inspiring or satisfying than claiming your own deepest emotional and sexual desires – and then teaching others how to do the same. This is what happens when you get your relationship + sex coach certification.
Why Get Your Relationship & Sex Coach Certification?
While not all students who take the Somatica Training are interested in certification, becoming a certified sex coach enables you to begin seeing clients on a professional level, and become a sought after, reputable practitioner.
Oversight and feedback from experienced professionals are essential components to ensure that you are a knowledgeable, aware, and capable coach. And, that’s exactly what the Somatica Sex Coach Certification (now fully online!) offers. Celeste, Danielle, and the leadership team will give you the personal guidance you need to be the best professional sex and relationship coach you can be.
Do I Need a Licence to Be a Sex Coach?
At this point, no country in the world requires coaches to have a license. In the US, there is no federal or state government body that certifies sex coaches. Thus, coaching programs – whether they are life coaching, or sex and relationship coaching – have their own internal certification processes.
What Your Somatica Sex Coach Certification Gets You
1. The Opportunity to Be Accredited by the American College of Sexologists International (ACS)
In addition to being certified by the Somatica Institute, the 300 hours of education you get during the Somatica Training and Sex Coach Certification also satisfies the requirements for you to be individually accredited by the American College of Sexologists International (ACS).
2. A Fully Online Certification Program
To enable people from around the world to get their sex coach certification, we’ve moved our training fully online. Now it doesn’t matter anymore where you live – you can embark on this lucrative career from the comfort of your home, and without costly travel and lodging.
3. Mastery of Your Craft
If sex and relationship coaching is your true calling – don’t you want to be the best at it? To really become a master at something, you need to gain extensive experience.
When you take the Somatica Training, you will get the foundational tools of the Somatica Method – but certification will take you to a true level of mastery.
4. Business and Marketing Expertise to Help You Launch Your Practice
You might be amazing at what you do as a helping professional. But if you don’t have the skills to get your name out there, you are unlikely to have a sustainable career. We teach you to brand and market your business effectively so you can fill your practice.
We will hold your hand through the process of starting your career. To do that, we will be offering a bonus Marketing Meeting every other week during your certification phase to commit to launching and promoting your sex and relationship coaching practice.
5. An Invitation to Somatica’s Referral Network
The first steps towards building a practice can be daunting. The Somatica Institute has helped many professionals build thriving careers by offering select certified graduates the opportunity to become a part of their referral network. You will also have the support of a powerful professional network to collaborate with.
6. Client Retention Skills
Knowing how to help clients is entirely different from knowing how to keep clients. To retain a client, they need to have an understanding of the growth path they are on. The Somatica Sex Coach Certification will help you better understand how your client sees, understands, and take charge of their growth path. The more you can help them see the big picture and empower them, the more they will trust you as a guide on their journey.
7. Ongoing Support and Continuing Education
As a Certified Somatica Sex and Relationship Coach, you will be a part of an elite group of Certified Practitioners. You will have access to peer support, as well as faculty support on client cases. You will also be eligible to participate in Advanced Supervision sessions, and have free access to two continuing education webinars per year. This will help you have richer and longer client relationships, coupled with a deepening of your confidence in your skills.
8. The Trust of Your Clients
The Somatica Institute continues to work tirelessly to spread brand recognition and maintain the integrity of our Sex Coach Certification. Knowing that you have gone through a certification program with a trusted institution that has been accredited by the American College of Sexologists International instills confidence in your clients. They will feel assured that you are well-versed in the Somatica Method, somatic sexology, and your coaching craft.
9. The Trust of Licensed Professionals
The Somatica Institute is also a member of an elite group of CAMFT Approved CEU Providers. We are able to provide Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW) and Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC) continuing education units, making Somatica a trusted brand.
10. The Trust of Other Referral Networks
Somatica coaches have been recruited by referral networks to host their practices on referral websites, increasing their opportunities to get clients.
Is This Type of Sex Coaching in Demand?
Very much so. The Somatica Training was created out of the demand we saw in the field. Our phones were ringing off the hook, our practices were full, and we were receiving extensive requests for coaching. No one else was qualified to offer the interpersonal and experiential approaches needed to most effectively help clients.
We currently send hundreds of referrals per month to Certified Somatica Coaches, helping some practitioners achieve full-time practices quickly.
How Do I Know if a Sex Coach Certification Program Returns its Value?
To get the best sex coach certification for your money, you want to pick a training program that gives you the true skills to be an effective coach.
Make sure the program you choose requires you to practice your tools with clients. It should also offer supervision and feedback about your coaching skills. The final certification test should require you to demonstrate your practical skills – not just report about them.
Certification options with various institutions abound. Not all of them, however, will actually prepare you to be a capable and responsible coach. Here are a couple of things to look out for:
- Engagement with coaching faculty – as opposed to passive video watching: Whether the certification is online or in person, make sure it is an interactive, experiential training. You should have access to real relationships with your instructors, group leaders, and mentors. They should be able to track your progress and give you feedback.
- A comprehensive certification process that teaches and tests your ability to offer the essential skills to help real people: To simply have the desire to help people is quite different from actually being able to do so. You will encounter a wide variety of people and issues in your practice – some of them quite challenging. You can only gain the necessary clinical skills by being in the coaching seat with real people who bring their real issues and emotions to you. Make sure your sex coach certification program gives you ample opportunity to participate in real-time sessions and built-in observations to gain experience.
At the Somatica Institute, we go to great lengths to ensure you are equipped to deal with all different kinds of issues around relationship and sexuality. We guarantee you leave our Sex Coach Certification program with a systematic approach to working with clients.
What Will I Be Able to Offer My Clients as a Certified Sex Coach?
- Embodied connection to their emotions and sexuality
- Acceptance of who they are, their desires, needs, and boundaries
- The ability to advocate for themselves out in the world
- An understanding of boundaries, why they are necessary, and how to communicate them
- Reduced shame – an understanding of how shame limits joy and self-expression
- The ability to be more soft and human with themselves and others
- A broad definition of sex and what it can offer them
- The knowledge of what they want from their sexual experience – and how to negotiate their desires with a partner
- A way to express themselves vulnerably which will help them connect with people in every area of their lives
- Permission and support in living their life fully and unapologetically
- Resilience in facing the fears that paralyze them – including fear of disappointment, abandonment, loss, and rejection
- Secure attachment and greater self-expression
- Perspective – a realistic view of what they actually can get out of being in a relationship (and what they cannot) so they don’t miss out on all of the potential gifts they can receive
For an in-depth look at the offerings, read our blog post How to Build a Therapeutic Relationship with a Client.
Ready to Embark on Your Somatica Sex Coach Certification?
- Read about the Logistics of Getting Certified
- Explore the Somatica Training Curriculum
- Participate in a Free Intro to our sex and relationship coach training and get $200 off of your tuition!
- With Somatica, when you become a sex coach you also Become a Relationship Coach
- Are you an established therapist? Learn how to incorporate Somatica into your practice
- See the next training Dates, Tuition, Discounts and Packages