You can be an agent for change in people’s lives and relationships by helping them create the sex life and relationships they’ve always desired. By getting trained and certified through Somatica’s prestigious sex and relationship coach training, you will have the key to helping people unlock the deepest intimacy.
As a certified coach, you will guide your clients in overcoming internal barriers, deepening their relationships, and creating a fulfilling life. Start seeing clients as soon as six months after enrolling in the best somatic sexology training program. You will have the tools and credibility you need to help others thrive.
Somatica Institute offers a systematic and efficient pathway to certification for aspiring sex and relationship coaches. The training also provides tools to enhance the practices of already-licensed professionals. Are you ready to embark on a profound educational journey that will lead you to a professional certification and a fulfilling and financially fruitful career?
Find out more about the structure of our globally-recognized certification program, upcoming training dates, and tuition costs below.
What Is The Somatica Sex and Relationship Coach Training?
Through the certification program, you learn to use the Somatica Method to help your clients better express their emotional needs, move past shame, and live more connected and erotic lives.
The Next Somatica Certification Training
Begins April 19, 2024!
Join us and master the art of Transformation Through Pleasure™.
Become an in-demand sex & relationship coach and watch your own life transform in the process.
Who Should Enroll?
This training is designed for you – whether you’re interested in fulfilling a lifelong career goal or enhancing your current therapy or coaching practice. You will also experience transformation in your own relationships.
Do all of your friends reach out to you for sex and relationship advice? Our program provides you with the necessary tools to take your interpersonal skills and interests to the next level.
At the Somatica Institute, you will move through a comprehensive sex coach certification process, which will prepare you to help clients make meaningful changes to their relationships in the real world. As a graduate, you will also be a certified sexologist since the Somatica training has been approved by the American Board of Sexology (ABS).
Are you a licensed therapist or a practicing sex, intimacy and relationship coach? Are you looking to incorporate more tools to better serve your clients?
Regardless of your professional background or goals, the Somatica Sex and Relationship Coach Training will help you empower your clients and expand your business in new ways. We are also approved by California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT) to offer CEs to current LMFTs, LPCCs, and CCSWs.
Meet the Founders and Have Your Questions Answered Live on Zoom!
Thursday, March 7, 2024 at 11am PT
What are the Next Training Dates?
Upcoming training dates for the Core curriculum:
- April 19-21, 2024
- May 17-19, 2024
- June 14-16, 2024
- July 12-14, 2024
- August 9-11, 2024
- September 6-8, 2024
Upcoming training dates for the Advanced curriculum:
- April 4-6, 2025
- May 2-4, 2025
- Friday – Sunday from 8:30 – 11:00am and 11:45am – 2:15pm Pacific Time (with a break from 11-11:45am)
What Does the Training and Certification Process Include?
The Somatica Training curriculum is comprised of 8 modules and two or more specializations:
- Core curriculum (modules 1-6): The core curriculum will take you on a journey of personal transformation and self-awareness – to be a masterful coach, you need to know how it feels to expand your growing edges. You will also solidify your skills and confidence as a coach and learn how to build and maintain a successful practice. Throughout, you’ll learn essential tools to help your clients deepen emotional and sexual connection, overcome sexual dysfunctions, learn empowered dating, and so much more…
- Pick 2 or more specializations: In addition to the Core Curriculum, you will also be offered a number of specializations. You can add as many as you want. Specializations include such topics as Body Image, Sexual (Dys)function, LGBTQIA+, Sexuality Across the Ability Spectrum, Empowered Dating, Sexuality around Childbirth and Postpartum, Sexuality Across the Lifespan, and Relationship Design.
- Bonus Marketing and Supervision Groups: During the 6 months after you finish the Core Training, you can attend optional marketing and supervision groups, which offer more personalized time with the founders. In these weekly meetings, you will receive ample additional support in business and marketing, as well as client supervision.
- Advanced Curriculum (modules 7 & 8): The advanced curriculum will solidify the essential Somatica coaching skills and deepen your confidence as a coach. You will prepare for your certification exam and be ready to work with whatever client comes through your door!
What is the Certification Pathway?
To become certified in the Somatica Method, you must complete the following:
Complete the six core modules
These include 90 hours of interactive training, home-study assignments, practice sessions, and assigned readings.
Engage in twelve experiential practice sessions
Practice with other students, clients, colleagues, friends, and/or partners outside of class.
Complete at least two specializations
Focus on special topics that interest you the most. Learn to work with specific issues or populations.
Complete the two advanced modules
These modules include in-depth training with Celeste & Danielle, the Somatica Founders, to master your core coaching skills.
Pass a final exam
During the hour-long exam, you will present a recorded client session to your instructors, who will evaluate you on criteria such as attunement, empathy, and de-shamifying.
You can begin seeing clients after the first six months of training and become certified as a sex and relationship coach by the Somatica Institute and the ABS after you complete your specializations and pass the certification exam. Join the global Somatica alumni network after the Core Training, and be added to the Somatica certified sex coach directory as soon as you are certified.
This sex coach training program is designed for busy professionals. Each module will take place over three days (Friday to Sunday) once a month from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. PT and 11:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. PT. There is a lunch break from 11 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
What Can I Offer Clients as a Certified Sex and Relationship Coach?
What distinguishes the Somatica Training from other programs is how we prepare you to coach clients on both sex and relationships, which are deeply intertwined. Teaching you the skills to resolve emotional and sexual issues ensures your clients build loving and passionate connections.
As a certified sex and relationship coach, you can help your clients:
- Connect to their emotions and sexuality
- Develop deeper acceptance of who they are and their desires, needs, and boundaries
- Learn how to advocate for themselves and live their lives fully and unapologetically
- Reduce shame and understand how it limits joy and self-expression
- Understand what they want from their sexual experiences, and how to negotiate their desires with a partner
- Build resilience in facing the fears that paralyze them, including fear of disappointment, abandonment, loss, and rejection
How Much Does it Cost?
Embark on your dream career
Or 12 payments of $906/month or 24 of $475/month after a $500 deposit.
$250-$500 scholarships available for students with financial need.
Make monthly payments based on your chosen package (10% APR included).
Mastery classes are priced separately. See the mastery classes details page for more information.
If you choose to withdraw from the training 45 days or more prior to the first day of the Core training, you will be refunded all tuition paid minus the non-refundable $500 tuition deposit (minus any related fees we had to pay to process your payment – for example, 3.5% credit card processing fee).
If you choose to withdraw from the training for any reason less than 45 days before the first day of the program, you will be responsible for the full tuition payment. If you sign up for a package, you will not be reimbursed for the individual mastery classes if you decide not to take them.