The Somatica® Training is a sex and relationship coach training that offers a profound journey of personal and professional growth and leads to a professional certification.
You can take the course to enhance your current therapy or coaching practice, or start a new career and become a certified professional in the fields of sexology, somatic sexology, sex coaching, and relationship coaching. All the Somatica tools are based on up-to-date neuroscience research about how people learn, connect, and experience personal growth.
What is The Somatica® Method?
The Somatica® Method is a holistic, loving, and systematic approach to sex and relationship coaching. It invites people to move beyond shame, clarify their needs and boundaries, and live emotionally connected and erotically embodied lives. It prioritizes the experience of joy and satisfaction great sex and authentic relationships offer.
The skills required for success in sex and relationships are learnable, and the Somatica training offers a comprehensive and systematic approach to learning these skills. The Somatica Method is pleasure-based, interactive and experiential.
To become certified in the Somatica Method you will participate in 12 modules of training, made up of two 6-month immersions.
Each module will take place over 3 days (Friday – Sunday) about once a month. Since many people take this training as a career change, we’ve tried to make the modules as compatible with people’s work schedules as possible.
2022 Fall Somatica Training Dates:
- October 21-23, 2022
- November 18-20, 2022
- December 9-11, 2022
- January 13-15, 2023
- February 10-12, 2023
- March 17-19, 2023
2023 Advanced Students Training Dates:
- October 13-15, 2023
- November 10-12, 2023
- December 8-10, 2023
- January 19-21, 2024
- February 16-18, 2024
- March 22-24, 2024
Hours of all the modules: 8:30 – 11:00am and 11:45am – 2:15pm Pacific Time, Friday – Sunday (with a break from 11-11:45am)
Is the Somatica Sex & Relationship Coach Training for Me?
You might be someone who has been informally helping people with their sex and relationship issues for a long time – and now you are ready to change your career. Or, this may be a new career that you are interested in exploring.
The internationally-recognized Somatica Institute offers a thorough sex coach certification process to prepare you for working with clients in the real world. Accredited by the American College of Sexologists International, the Somatica Institute has also been approved by CAMPF to offer CEUs to current LMFTs, LPCCs, and CCSWs.
If you’re already a practicing coach or therapist, you may want to incorporate sex and relationship coaching skills into your toolkit to better serve your clients. Or, as an existing sex, intimacy, or relationship coach, you might also be looking for a more systematic approach to working with clients. Regardless of your professional goals, the Somatica Training will help you expand the work you are doing with your clients far beyond what you thought was possible.
Meet With the Founders and Have Your Questions Answered
In This Free Intro to Somatica!
The Somatica Training Is for You If…
- You are passionate about helping people have a better life and sexier, more successful relationships.
- You are ready to embrace your dreams and embark on a fulfilling, lucrative coaching career.
- Being in deep interpersonal connections is something you love, and you can extend empathy and care to people’s most tender fears and desires.
- You are someone who is curious about what makes people tick, especially when it comes to relationships and sex.
- You have had some of your own relationship successes and challenges, and you know that learning and growth is possible in the realm of relationship.
When you take the Somatica Training to become a sex and relationship coach, you will inevitably transform your own relationships.
The Somatica Training Includes Both Sex & Relationship Coaching
The Somatica Training not only prepares you to be a great sex coach – it also teaches you to be a relationship coach.
Both in the training and in your practice, you will experience just how deeply intertwined relationships and sexuality are. If you only have the tools to help clients with their sex lives, you will lack the ability to handle situations in which they are emotionally disconnected or resentful. Resolving emotional issues without addressing a couple’s sexual relationship may lead to a couple becoming closer, but they will likely still be lacking that passionate connection.
To help people have truly well-rounded and successful relationships, you need to help them with emotional intimacy and passion!
What Will You Learn?
- Establishing Safety Within
- Feelings, Needs, Boundaries, and Capacity
- Attunement to Self and Others
- Empathizing and Speaking Empathy
- Resilience and Self-Regulation
- Finding and Sharing Desires and Boundaries
- Consent and Communicating Consent
- Trauma Empowerment
The Relationship Lab
- Attachment and Adult Attachment
- Visiting With the Inner Child
- Understanding Triggers
- Surviving Rejection
- Meeting and Dating
- The Steps of Repair
Socialization and Identity
- Shame / Deshamifying
- Awareness of Your Own and Your Client’s Identities
- Moving Beyond Gender Socialization
- The Impact of Socialization on Girls and Women
- How to Empower Girls and Women – LGBT and Non-Binary Inclusive
- In Dating
- In Relationships
- The Impact of Socialization of Boys and Men
- How to Empower Boys and Men – LGBT and Non-Binary Inclusive
- Associated Emotions
- In Dating and Relationships
Reclaiming Full Erotic Self-Expression
- Exploring and Deshamifying Toys
- Sexual Dysfunctions – Beginning and Advanced
- The Foundations of Sharing Erotic Energy
- Sex Across the Ability Spectrum
Sex and Pleasure
- Giving and Receiving
- The 3 Dimensions of Sex
- Orgasms: Anatomy, Physiology, and Expansion
- Core Desires – What Turns People On and Why
- What is Your Hottest Sexual Movie?
- Facing Challenging Core Desires
- Creating Nuanced Hottest Sexual Movies
Relationship and Sexual Design
- What People Need to Have Good Sex and Relationships
- Designing The Relationship You Want – Mono, Poly, Open, Etc.
- Kink and BDSM
Advanced Coaching Techniques
- Identifying and Guiding People through Growing Edges
- Perfecting the Arc of a Session
- Creating Coaching Roadmaps
- Retaining Clients
Launching Your Business
- Social Media, Podcasts, and More…
The Somatica Training gave me the tools and skills to work with my clients as well as deep insight and a pathway into my own and my client’s hearts
Celeste and Danielle are wonderful teachers and they’ve developed an amazing training that takes experiences that people struggle with and turns them into opportunities for healing, growth, and intimacy. And along the way, you’ll get support and care for your own healing and development.
What Will I Be Able to Offer My Clients as a Certified Sex Coach?
- Embodied connection to their emotions and sexuality
- Acceptance of who they are, their desires, needs, and boundaries
- The ability to advocate for themselves out in the world
- An understanding of boundaries, why they are necessary, and how to communicate them
- Reduced shame – the awareness of how shame limits joy and self-expression ,and how to ruthlessly de-shamify your clients
- Gentleness to help them to be more soft and human with themselves and others
- A broad definition of sex and what it can offer them
- The knowledge of what they want from their sexual experiences – and how to negotiate their desires with a partner
- A way to express themselves vulnerably which will help them connect with people in every area of their lives
- Permission and support to live their lives fully and unapologetically
- Resilience in facing the fears that paralyze them – including fear of disappointment, abandonment, loss, and rejection
- Secure attachment and greater self-expression
- Perspective – a realistic view of what they can get out of being in a relationship (and what they cannot) so they don’t miss out on all of the potential gifts they can receive
I want to express my deepest personal and professional gratitude to the both of you. I am sincerely blown away by the profound impact my experience with the Somatica modules have had on me personally, in my relationship with my wife, and with my patients in my primary care practice.
Simply put, you have changed my life.
For the first time ever, I am truly getting to know myself and my wife, and to see a much more enjoyable way to serve my patients through what you have taught me in Somatica. I cannot envision a time in my life when I will not be living out of, teaching, or be connected to Somatica.
How to Get Your Sex & Relationship Coach Certification Completely Online
While the Somatica Training is now available completely online, it won’t just be you, alone in front of your computer, consuming information passively. The teachers will be there live, over twelve 3-day weekends – making this online training highly interactive and experiential. You will learn and practice the tools of Somatica online with your fellow students.
Start a new and lucrative career by getting your Sex Coach Certification Online from the comfort of your home. The online training will be offered over Zoom. Our students have told us time and again how connected, deep, and intimate these practices are. The wonderful thing is that Somatica can be practiced everywhere, as you can see your clients in person or online. A majority of our existing practitioners already offer online sessions.
If you would also like to have an in-person experience where you can get practice and feedback around the touch-based exercises, you can join an optional 5-day in-person Immersion Retreat. While it is not required for your certification, these 5-day immersions are an opportunity to connect and network face-to-face with the larger Somatica Community. They are designed to take your in-person skills to the next level.