The Somatica Certification Program offers a structured pathway to achieving sex and relationship coaching mastery. It also gives you the marketing tools to get you started in your own coaching business.
In other words – beyond teaching you practical sex and relationship coaching skills, the Somatica training program is designed to help you thrive even after you graduate. Because sex and relationship coach licenses don’t exist, taking a certification program like Somatica qualifies you to begin working with clients.
What Is the Somatica Certification Program?
One of the most important steps toward becoming a reputable and successful sex & relationship coach is getting your certification. Through supervision, home study, peer study, student coaching, and continuing education offered by the Somatica Certification Program, you’ll learn the necessary tools to drive meaningful change in your clients and the skills to run a booming practice.
Not only will you become a Somatica-certified coach, but you can also get certified by the American Board of Sexology (ABS), start receiving referrals, and unlock access to mastery classes.
Somatica co-founder Celeste Hirschman, MA, is here to tell you more about it:
The Somatica Certification Program: A Quick Overview
Step 1: Attend the Free Info Session
Before you apply, we recommend attending a free virtual info session where we’ll dive deeper into the industry and our program, and answer any questions you have. This is an opportunity to see whether Somatica is the right fit for you — plus you’ll get $200 off your tuition just by attending!
MEET THE FOUNDERS AND HAVE YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED LIVE ON ZOOM!
Friday, June 9th, 2023 @ 11am PT
Step 2: Enroll in the Somatica Training Program
Designed to put you on your path to becoming a masterful coach, the Somatica training comprises two six-month curriculums.
1. Core Curriculum (Modules 1-6)
Start your journey of personal transformation, self-awareness, and confidence with the core curriculum, which includes:
- 90 hours of interactive online training
- 12 experiential practice sessions with other students, clients, colleagues, friends, and/or partners outside of class, so you begin to embody the role of coach and practice what you’ve learned
- Assigned readings to enhance your understanding of intimacy, arousal, trauma, repair, and attachment
- Home study assignments to help you learn how the material relates to you personally and help you start to think like a Somatica coach
Once you complete the core curriculum, which only takes six months, you can begin working with clients as a sex and relationship coach. This allows you to continue developing your skills and receive feedback as you complete the advanced curriculum.
You will also be added to the Somatica alumni group, a valuable resource for finding collaborators, upcoming workshops and ideas, and peer support from your colleagues in the field.
2. Advanced Curriculum (Modules 7-12)
The advanced curriculum is where you’ll level up your learnings by building your business acumen. In these next modules, you’ll:
- Dive deep into lessons around emotional foundations and coaching trajectories.
- Attend a weekly business development meeting with co-founder Celeste Hirschman, MA, where you create a business plan, practice sales tools, and learn how to launch and market your practice.
- Get access to optional weekly office hours with co-founder Dr. Danielle Harel, PhD, where she provides you with personalized feedback, ample support, and answers to specific questions to keep you on track with your coaching and business goals.
Step 3: Take the Certification Exam
During the hour-long final exam for your Somatica certification, you will present a recorded client session to either Danielle or Celeste who will give you feedback on your work and determine whether you are ready for certification.
If you do not receive your certification, you can retake the exam as many times as needed — the cost of each exam is $360.
Once certified, you’ll join our referral program, which helps match you with potential new clients. You are also eligible to sign up for an American Board of Sexology (ABS) membership and be certified as a somatic sexologist.
Step 4: Sign up for Mastery Classes
To further hone your skills and offer the specialized support your clients need, you can participate in these mastery classes (only available to students who complete the core curriculum):
- The Somatica 5-Day Immersion Retreat is a fantastic opportunity to get face-to-face practice (and bond with the Somatica community!).
- The Somatica Character Strategies Training builds your coaching skills by teaching you how to work with clients’ deepest, lifelong issues and core wounds.
- The In-Person BDSM Mastery Training provides you with skills and tools related to fetishes, kinks, and other erotic desires that your clients may be interested in exploring.
- The Somatica Couples Training teaches you how to work with couples in a way that de-escalates conflict and deepens intimacy and trust.
Ready to jumpstart your professional and personal transformation? Visit the Somatica training page for training dates and tuition fees.