Every couple faces unique challenges, and they may seek out a coach who’s completed a couples coaching training to help them enhance their sexual compatibility and emotional connection.
If you work with couples in need of this support, you’ve come to the right place — the Somatica Online Professional Couples Training is here to help. During this course, Somatica Core Training graduates (and psychotherapists, MFTs, and CSWs) can deepen their knowledge about long-term relationships and broaden their intimacy and sexuality toolboxes.
Why Take The Professional Couples Training?
Traditional couples therapy training is limited in its inclusion of sexuality. As a result, clients bringing up sexual topics feel ashamed about their sexual desires, affairs, and differences surrounding intimacy. They might not get the help they really need.
Here at Somatica, we offer a professional couples training that treats sex as one of the central needs in a partnership. In fact, it’s the acceptance of each person’s real sexual and emotional needs, as well as a full airing of their fears and challenges in the relationship, that creates secure attachment, ongoing intimacy, and satisfaction.
When a person sees and accepts their partner for who they are, the relationship will either flourish or need to shift. That’s what we help couples see and do in our professional couples training for Somatica coaches.
What You Will Learn
In this class, you’ll explore new ways to help your clients navigate intimacy, vulnerability, and erotic energy. You will learn how to help them develop skills for honest emotional sharing, self-awareness, and empathetic listening without judgment. This includes:
- Knowledge of the different ways couples approach attachment and intimacy
- Techniques for dealing with affairs, sexless marriages, sexual dysfunction, low sexual desire, making sex hot again (or for the first time), non-monogamy, open relationships, and polyamory
- Tools to understand, map, and intervene in couples’ dynamics and vortexes with the goal of maximizing their sexual satisfaction and compatibility
- Skills to identify and process disappointments in relationships to promote growth and deepen connection
- Somatica’s 9-step roadmap for relationship repair
Like in the Somatica training, we’ll be teaching this course using an experiential style that extends to lectures and demonstrations. You will participate in dyad practices, experiential exercises, and practices with real couples.
The Somatica Online Professional Couples Training is only offered to students who:
- Have completed the Somatica Core Training curriculum or
- Work as psychotherapists, MFTs, CSWs, sex coaches, relationship coaches, sexologists, somatic sex coaches, certified Sexological Bodyworkers, and life coaches
- Are the partner to someone who belongs in one of the above categories, and your partner is taking the training with you (even if you are not a trained or licensed professional)
If you are not on this list of professionals (or a professional’s partner who is also enrolling in the training), please still feel free to contact us to see if the training is right for you.
Dates and Location
This online Zoom training will be held in two parts over two weekends:
- November 7-8, 2025
- December 5-7, 2025
Hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. PT (with a 45-minute break in between).
Tuition for the Somatica Online Professional Couples Training is $2,400. A $200 early bird discount applies if you’re registering and paying in full before September 1, 2024.
If you have taken the Somatica Online Professional Couples before, tuition is $1,750 — or $1,500 if you’re registering and paying in full before September 1, 2024.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required at registration to hold your spot. We also offer payment plans and are happy to set you up with one.
- Couples discount: $200 off each.
The Somatica Institute is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs and LCSWs. This course meets the qualifications for 30 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs, as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
We maintain responsibility for this program and its contents.
If you choose to withdraw from the training 30 days or more before the first day of the program, you will be refunded all tuition paid, with the exception of the non-refundable $500 deposit. If you choose to withdraw from the training less than 30 days before the first day of the program, you will be responsible for the full tuition.