Character Strategies: A Transformational System for Attaining Deep Intimacy and Erotic Fulfillment
Learn about the Six Characters Strategies in an intimacy workshop at the Esalen Institute! You will attain how to identify your own character strategies, those of your partner, and develop more profound and intimate bonds in your life.
The insights you will glean from this workshop have the power and potential to transform your relationships forever. Early unfulfilled needs are sign posts pointing to your core sexual desires. All of the most healing and exciting erotic connection is created when you understand, embrace and have these desires met.
What are Character Strategies?
Character strategies develop in the early stages of childhood, and are formed in response to a lack of psychological nourishment. During these stages, we learn certain behaviors and social functions. Frequently, this crucial development is disrupted by relationships to important people or authority figures, trauma, illness or a form of loss. An interruption of this type can leave the developmental function distorted, cut off, or insufficiently learned.
During this intimacy workshop, an experiential journey will guide you through the six character strategies. Via lectures and clothes-on exercises, you will practice how to attune and connect with your lover or significant other, depending on which character strategies they’ve developed. If you continue to practice these skills in your life, your intimate relationships will be more loving and harmonious.
What You Will Learn in this Esalen Intimacy Workshop:
- What the six character strengths are – and how to identify them
- To know your wounds around specific developmental needs, and the ways that they are different from your loved one.
- To take care of a partner’s deepest emotional needs
- Not to take your partner’s defenses personally
- Practice how to empathize, attune and relate with someone based on their character strategy
- How sexual needs relate to your character, leading to more fulfilling sex
- Coming Together: Embracing Your Core Desires for Sexual Fulfillment and Long-Term Compatibility – Read an Intro Chapter, Get it on Kindle or Buy the Paperback
- Making Love Real: The Intelligent Couple’s Guide to Lasting Intimacy and Passion – Get it on Kindle, Buy the Paperback, or Listen to the Audiobook
For Whom is this Intimacy Workshop?
This intimacy workshop is for individuals and couples of all genders and sexual identities.
Workshop Dates & Location:
November 13 – 15, 2020
The workshop will be held at the Esalen Institute in Big Sur, California.
The Character Strategies Training is a 3-day training. Tuition is between $420.00 and $3,180.00 for one person, depending upon accommodation preferences.