Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this Training Only for People Who Want to Become Sex and Relationship Coaches, or Can I Take it for Personal Growth as well?
- There are so many different programs out there. How is the Somatica Training different from online programs?
- As a Certified Somatica Coach, Who Will I be Able to Help?
- Will I be Able to Get Clients?
- How are Somatica Sex Coaches Different from Life Coaches?
- How is Somatica Different from Other Types of Sex Coaching or Sex Therapy?
- Will I Be Learning and Teaching Tantra/Sacred Sexuality?
- How is Being a Sexological Bodyworker Different from Being a Somatica Sex Coach?
- How is being a Sexual Surrogate different from being a Somatica Sex Coach?
- Will Somatica Make Me a Sex Educator?
- What if I Miss a Weekend or a Training Day in the Somatica Training?
- Do You Offer Payment Plans?
- What is Your Refund Policy?
- Do you have Scholarships available?
1. Is this Training Only for People Who Want to Become Sex and Relationship Coaches, or Can I Take it for Personal Growth as well?
Somatica is not just for people who want to learn how to become a certified relationship expert or sex coach. In fact, many people take the training as a way to get more in touch with their own sexuality and improve their relationships. Whether you are taking it for professional development or for your own personal growth, the training offers profound transformation.
2. There are so many different programs out there. How is the Somatica Training different from other, video-only programs?
If you are a people person, or someone who believes in the potent power of boundaried touch, the Somatica Training is likely a much better fit for you than an video-only training. Somatica’s program foundation is authentic relating. This means you go into authentic emotional and physical intimacy with your fellow students (and eventually clients, if you decide to make it your profession). This relating stays within certain physical boundaries, however, there is touch and connection involved.
3. As a Certified Somatica Coach, Who Will I be Able to Help?
If you decide that you want to become a certified relationship expert and attain sex coach certification from the Somatica Institute, there are so many ways you will be able to help men, women, and couples.
You Will Help Men
- Overcome shame about their desires
- Work through sexual dysfunctions including Erectile Dysfunction, Premature Ejaculation and delayed ejaculation
- Date consciously including deciding who and how to date, and how to deal with rejection
- Relax their anxieties around sex
- Face their insecurities about lovability and performance
- Become connected and comfortable with their own and others’ emotions
- Practice lifelong romantic, passionate and/or dominant seduction of their partners
- Bring confident erotic energy, sensual touch, and intoxicating words
- Understand women
- Identify and communicate their own sexual needs
- Clarify their relationship to porn, and address porn and sex addiction
- Heal from and embrace their sexuality after a history of sexual abuse
You Will Help Women
- Find out the underlying causes of their low desire so they can reignite or discover their interest in sex
- Overcome insecurities about desirability, lovability
- Address sexual dysfunction – including anorgasmia or difficulty orgasming and pelvic pain
- Gain clarity about their fantasies and desires
- Learn to communicate clear boundaries and lower their chances of sexual violation and abuse
- Ask for what they want lovingly and increase the likelihood they will get it
- Deal with underlying pain and disappointment so they can shift unhealthy relationship patterns
- Practice empowered dating – know what they want from partners and how to discern between sex and love
- Experience the fulfillment of surrendering and receiving
- Move beyond shame about sexual expression
- Become familiar with their body and an expert on their own arousal
- Heal from and embrace their sexuality after a history of sexual abuse
You Will Help Couples
- Become creative and communicative to change long-term relationship sex from boring to mind-blowing
- Move past their sexless marriage or low sex relationship to find a healthy sex life again
- Learn more loving and connecting forms of communication and address long-term resentments
- Heal from an affair
- Bridge differences in desires
- Negotiate around monogamy and non-monogamy
- Heal from the effects of sexual dysfunction on the relationship
* Because of the unique challenges of working with couples, we also offer a professional couples training.
4. Will I be Able to Get Clients?
Most trainings simply teach you how to become a certified relationship expert, give you their philosophy and a set of tools. Then they send you out in the world to try to reach clients without any idea of how to do so. At the Somatica Institute, we not only offer you a marketing seminar as part of the 7th module as well as a marketing webinar and an ongoing marketing group on your certification phase. In Addition, we offer Mastery Classes and ongoing professional supervision to help you get your practice off the ground.
Because we have built this business from the ground up – and we can help you avoid the time-wasting pitfalls and teach you the skills to get your name out there as a certified relationship expert and coach. Also – we cannot emphasize enough how much need and demand there is for this work. If you are willing to put in the time to network, market, and build a web presence, you can have a thriving practice.
If you decide to become a certified relationship expert with the Somatica Institute, clients will keep coming back to you and send their friends because you will be able to offer them:
- Real Results: The Somatica Method goes beyond talk-based methods and offers body-based, experiential learning that results in lasting transformation.
- Rapid Progress: Because people have real-time experiences of success in your office, they are more likely to quickly learn and integrate this learning into their day-to-day lives.
- Greater Expansion: as a Somatica practitioner, you will support your clients in going beyond okay and having amazing sex and extraordinary relationships.
- Real-Time Learning: You will be able to offer your clients experiential and practical tools they can experience in sessions. This gives them the confidence to make changes out in the world.
- Your Sexpertise: As a Somatica Sex and Relationship Coach you will be a trained expert in both sexuality and relationship dynamics.
5. How are Somatica Sex Coaches Different from Life Coaches?
There are many life coaches out there and some of them are quite good, especially if someone already has a good idea of what they want. Unfortunately, when it comes to sex, our society is very shame-driven and people often don’t even have an idea of what’s on the menu. Therefore, very few life coaches are trained to deal with sexuality.
When you become a certified relationship expert with Somatica, you will help your clients deconstruct their social beliefs around sex so they can learn to embrace their desires. You will become a highly trained expert in the field of sexuality. Because sexuality and sexual empowerment are so central to your client’s confidence and sense of self, you will help your clients transform every aspect of their lives – from sexual connection and relationships to their personal and professional lives.
6. How is Somatica Different from Other Types of Sex Coaching or Sex Therapy?
Traditional sex therapy often focuses on sexuality from a medical or dysfunction-based viewpoint. Sex therapy usually ends when things are “OK”, and rarely shoots for “great,” “mind-blowing” or “out-of-this-world” sex. Often, in traditional therapy, problem-resolution takes a long time and rarely goes into enhancement or expansion around sexuality. Like some traditional sex therapists, Celeste & Danielle are both highly educated and trained sexologists, so you will learn all of the research-based information that a sex therapist offers.
Many sex therapists resort to using books and videos as client homework. However, people don’t always do their homework – and even when they do, they don’t necessarily see what they are missing in their interactions. In Somatica training, you will learn experiential and hands-on tools to help educate your clients in sessions. You will be able to see what is missing in their interactions, and you will be able to offer more specific and accurate practices for change. This creates a much quicker, more effective and lasting transformation, and a sense of mastery that will help transform your client’s daily life.
7. Will I Be Learning and Teaching Tantra/Sacred Sexuality?
Tantra is a three-phased spiritual path that takes years to master. We incorporate some methods of Tantra into our teachings – such as helping your clients experience the world through all of their senses, breathwork, and eye contact. At the same time, we believe all forms of sexuality are sacred, as long as both people are consenting, present, personally responsible and self-aware in the experience. As a Somatica sex coach, you will not use any particular kind of language when talking about sex, but instead, adopt the language of your clients or offer them different erotic languages through which to express themselves.
8. How is Being a Sexological Bodyworker Different from Being a Somatica Sex Coach?
Sexological bodyworkers help their clients get in touch with their own sexuality through one-way (bodyworker to client) erotic massage and breathwork. The client can be naked in the session. In Somatica sessions, both client and practitioner stay clothed and there is two-way touch, erotic energy exchange, and emotional sharing. However, some Somatica Sex Coaches are also sexological bodyworkers.
9. How is being a Sexual Surrogate different from being a Somatica Sex Coach?
Becoming a Somatica Sex Coach is not the same as becoming a Sexual Surrogate. A sexual surrogate works with clients who have relatively challenging, functional or sexual issues. Sexual surrogates work as part of a sex therapy team and must be referred to by a psychotherapist. Sexual surrogates have both clothed and naked sessions with their clients and engage in kissing as well as oral and genital sex with their clients – all of which are activities beyond the boundaries of a Somatica Sex Coach. While you can engage in two-way touch with your clients, you will not kiss, remove your clothing, or have oral or genital sex.
10. Will Somatica Make Me a Sex Educator?
In general, when people talk about being sex educators, it means they give their clients information about sex. It could be information about sexually transmitted infections (STIs) or reproduction, etc. Because this might be confusing to some people, as a Somatica Coach, you won’t generally refer to yourself as a sex educator. However, you can offer certain forms of sex education. For example, if you know a lot about STI’s, you can talk with your client about how they are transmitted, or send them to places where they can find out more like the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website.
As a Somatica coach, you can also talk to them about their fear of STI’s or how they feel about the risks they might be taking – everyone has their own level of risk. You can educate your clients about what we like to call “What’s On The Menu” around sex. Because we live in an anorexic culture around sex, many people don’t have any idea what all of their sexual options are. You will learn to give them a variety of options, so they can choose the sexual experiences and fantasies that are most arousing to them.
11. What if I Miss a Weekend or a Training Day in the Somatica Training?
While it’s ideal that you attend all of the training days, you can miss up to 3 days (6 half-days) of each of the 6-month modules – so a total of 6 days (12 half-days) over 12 modules and still be on track to become a certified relationship expert and sex coach with the Somatica Institute. If you have to miss more than 6 days, you can make up additional days that you missed by hiring a coach to take you through the exercises you missed.
12. Do You Offer Payment Plans?
Yes! Our payment plan consists of 10-16 equal payments, which depends on the package you are choosing. We don’t want anyone excluded from the training for lack of funds. Please email us if you need to talk about alternative payment options!
13. What is Your Refund Policy?
If you choose to withdraw from the training 45 days or more prior to the first day of the program, you will be refunded all tuition paid, less your non-refundable $500 Tuition Deposit. Withdrawing from the training for any reason whatsoever less than 45 days before the first day of the program, or missing any individual class sessions, retains your responsibility for payment of the full tuition. If you are on a payment plan and have not yet paid in full, you will remain legally responsible for the entire outstanding balance of your unpaid tuition. No exceptions will be made.
14. Do you have Scholarships available?
Yes! We want to increase access to the Somatica Training to as many people as possible! So to help offset the cost of tuition, we created the Somatica Scholarship Fund and are now offering a number of scholarships. Learn more.